At Cobalt Creek Property Management, we have put together some great reasons to buy real estate in Denver, Colorado. If you’re thinking about moving to the Mile High City, please read on. If you’ve already decided to move here, get in touch with our team to start house hunting. We are a full-service real estate agency for people looking to buy or rent in Denver. We also offer a range of property management services for landlords looking to invest in Denver real estate.
Top Ten Reasons To Live In Denver
There are plenty of reasons why people decide to move to Denver, from the booming economy to the mountain views, to the culture. Here is our top ten list:
- Housing costs are cheaper than other big cities like San Francisco, Seattle, and Portland.
- We have a growing job market with low unemployment rates, particularly in the aerospace and defense industries.
- Denver has a low crime rate compared to other cities of the same size.
- We’re nationally recognized for our excellent schools, including three of the country’s best colleges.
- The Rocky Mountains are a short drive away for lots of hiking, skiing, biking, and other outdoor adventures.
- If you’re not up for roughing it, there are several parks in the city where you can enjoy nature.
- It’s easy to live an active lifestyle since most Denverites love to stay fit and healthy.
- With plenty of bike lanes, public city buses, and a light rail system to connect the suburbs, most people don’t need a car.
- Denver is home to many breweries and a vibrant restaurant scene.
- We have seven professional sports teams, including major league football, baseball, hockey, and basketball teams.
Before You Move
Before you start searching for Denver homes to rent, it’d only be fair of us to warn you about things we see newcomers struggle with when they first move here. Denver has a unique climate — something that newcomers don’t fully appreciate until they arrive. But if you follow these bits of local advice, your transition into your new home will be much smoother. Denver generally enjoys pleasant weather year-round, but it can be unpredictable. Temperatures can shift as much as 40 degrees in a single day. Get in the habit of dressing in layers, so you can stay comfortable no matter how the weather swings. Don’t underestimate how the elevation will affect you or how long it will take for you to get used to it. You’ll feel the lack of oxygen during your exercise routine even after you’ve lived here for months. It’s much easier to get dehydrated and sunburnt than it is at sea level. If you drink, you’ll notice that alcohol has a greater effect on you thanks to the thinner air.
A Note For Real Estate Investors
Denver has been called “a millennial haven,” and with good reason, since over half of the city’s population is under 40. Rentals are in high demand, which means that real estate investors have a lot to gain by serving this demographic. If this is a market you want to tap into, our Denver real estate agents can help you find the right property for your investment portfolio. If you’re a new landlord, we have plenty of resources to help get you started, and our property managers are happy to answer any questions you might have.
Let’s Get Started Today
Have you decided to rent or buy a house in Denver? Contact us at Cobalt Creek Property Management today to get started. Tell us a bit about what you’re looking for — whether you want to rent, buy, or invest — and we’ll get you in touch with the right member of our team.