Colorado is a beautiful place to retire. Does your rental property take into consideration the unique needs of an older generation of renters? Over the years, the team at Cobalt Creek Property Management has learned several ways to make your Denver rentals more senior-friendly.
By stepping up to meet the challenges that most properties aren’t designed to meet, you can provide more attractive, comfortable, and accessible homes to this growing demographic.
Exterior Features Attractive To Senior Tenants?
A meaningful way to attract senior renters is by adding senior-friendly modifications across your property, especially during your next building or renovation phase. Seniors and their families will appreciate the thoughtful design elements that keep needs like fall prevention and ease of mobility in mind.
Many of these modifications are worthwhile investments since they’ll keep all of your tenants safe regardless of age.
- Add non-slip texture and permanent contrast strips on the top and bottom of stairs.
- Install motion-sensing lights in entryways, hallways, stairwells, and around the exterior of your property.
- Change out standard round door knobs for door levers or handles, which are easier to grip and turn.
- Replace traditional locks with smart locks, so tenants don’t have to struggle with small keys.
- Build outdoor wheelchair ramps.
- Invest in multi-story properties with elevators.
Interior Touches For Senior Friendly Apartments
Many seniors consider ADA compliance a bonus when looking for a place to rent. Though not required for private residences, more and more property owners follow ADA guidelines to avoid accessibility issues. Whether you decide to follow these guidelines or not, you should take measures to decrease the risk of falling in the bathroom and accommodate tenants with limited mobility.
- Install easy-to-operate switches, like rocker toggle switches and sliders for dimmer switches.
- Upgrade to faucets with levers.
- Add grab bars in the shower and next to the toilet.
- Install a handheld showerhead.
- Consider wheel-in bathtubs.
- Lower shelving and countertops and install easy-open cabinetry.
Property Management You Can Trust
Partner with us to move the nitty-gritty tasks of rental property management off your plate. Our courteous team of expert property managers is experienced with marketing to and managing tenants of all ages in many types of properties.
Quality Management For Happy Renters Of All Ages
We have a stellar reputation for tenant retainment because we do our best to provide attractive and beneficial service to both renters and landlords throughout Denver. Contact Cobalt Creek Property Management today to talk with our team about how we can help you provide the best amenities and management services for happy renters of all ages.